Mediterranean Shrimp and Pasta
- 1 lb. unpeeled medium-size fresh shrimp
- 8 oz. dried vermicelli pasta
- 5 green onions, sliced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1 (12 oz.) jar marinated artichoke hearts, undrained
- 6 plum tomatoes, chopped
- 1 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 2 tsp. dried Italian seasoning (Good Season’s® Italian)
- 1/2 tsp. fresh rosemary, minced
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp. pepper
- 1/2 cup fresh grated Parmesan cheese
Peel and devein shrimp, if desired; set aside. Cook vermicelli according to package directions, drain and keep warm. Sauté onions and garlic in hot oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat until tender. Stir in artichokes and next seven ingredients. Bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer 5 minutes. Add shrimp; cook 4 minutes or until shrimp turn pink, stirring occasionally. Serve over vermicelli; sprinkle with cheese.
Note: If you don’t care for artichokes, they can be left out without harm to this dish. Also, a lean smoked sausage works well instead of shrimp.