Glazed Fall Vegetables
- 2 sweet potatoes, cut into 1/2-inch slices
- 1 large white potato, cut into 1/2-inch slices
- 3 carrots, cut into 1/2-inch slices
- 1 large yellow onion, cut into 1/2-inch rings
- 1 acorn squash, halved, seeded, peeled,and cut into fourths
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
- 4 tsp. butter or margarine
- 1/4 cup water
Preheat oven to 425°F. Place all ingredients, except butter and water in a bowl; toss well. Place in a 9×13-inch baking dish. Cut butter into pieces and scatter over the top. Pour water into the dish. Cover tightly with foil and bake 45 minutes. Remove foil and stir. Continue baking, uncovered, for 15-20 minutes or until all vegetables are tender and lightly browned.
Nutrition Analysis Per Serving: 473 calories; 5g protein; 91g carbohydrates; 7g fiber; 12g fat; 0g trans fatty acids; 31mg cholesterol; 127mg calcium; 2mg iron; 174mg sodium.