Flavorful Country Supper
- 6 medium potatoes, cut in 1-inch pieces
- 4 medium carrots, bias-sliced
- 1 medium onion, cut in thin wedges
- 1 tsp. dried thyme
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp. ground pepper
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1 lb. smoked sausage, bias-sliced in
- 1-inch pieces
- 3 cups broccoli florets
- 1/2 cup bias-sliced celery
Place potatoes, carrots, and onion in a very large skillet. Sprinkle with thyme, salt and pepper. Pour chicken broth over all. Bring to a boil; reduce heat. Cover and simmer for 10 minutes. Stir in sausage, broccoli, and celery. Return to a boil; reduce heat. Cover and simmer for 15 minutes more or until vegetables are tender.
Nutrition Analysis Per Serving: 454 calories; 18g protein; 48g carbohydrates; 7g fiber; 21g fat; 1g trans fatty acids; 51mg cholesterol; 66mg calcium; 3mg iron; 1368mg sodium.